If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In the morning

I finally managed to get my rest day all the way to Monday, which had been my goal.  So today I did 12k in the morning before going in to work.  A lot of traffic.  I mean a lot of traffic.  But interesting phenomenon.

I felt a bit dead in the legs but the pace was consistent and an unremarkable time on the roads other than attempting to follow the breath but having monkey mind.  The difference being that monkey was not about unwholesome, it was just random thoughts coming and going.  The phenomena however was working with sound, with all that traffic I managed to work with the breath and the monkey enough to just acknowledge the sound as being sound and nothing else.  Some days I can't do that very well at all and the noise of the cars bothers me, today was not that day.

Hope to run in the morning again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment