If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Three Days in a Row or All That Arises Ceases

I feel compelled to write about this.  I've run three days in a row.  You'd think I was some sort of runner or something.  It feels like forever since I strung three days together.  In fact, in looking at the running log it has been since the 26-28 of June.  That is 12 days.  My legs today actually started to feel a little dead.

Ran 12k today and 12k yesterday, both at around 8 pm in the evening.  I'm teaching this CELTA course in Obolon and the commute is 55 minutes of walking and riding the Metro each way so who knows how long it will last at this rate. 

I feel good, I'll say that.  Changing my eating habits has been helpful also.  Because I'm not teaching at night I'm not eating late at night.  I've managed to lose a large majority of the weight I brought back with me from the US.  I've also been able to meditate each way on the metro and following the breathing.  All good things.

To think about, of course this is all impermanent and if if thought of as lasting will be unsatisfactory and therefore suffering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment