If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Sunday, July 8, 2012

Nothing is Permanent

Rose and ran.  I'm now down to one cup of coffee per day and have switched over to green tea.  How that is relevant to the first sentence of this post is currently unknown.

Man it is hot here.  Low humidity, about 50% and only 30 C, about 87 so really it should not be that interesting of a problem.  In fact it is/was.  Started nicely very relaxed, but of course trying to weave my way around the roads to find all the shade.  At least that occupied my time. Also made some effort to follow my breath and see where that led me.

It felt hot, but it also felt very nice to be putting one foot in front of the other.  About half way I climbed that big hill and that really seemed to take some steam out of me.  I had 241 BS before the run and took 1.5 units, by about 11 k I felt I needed to take a GU, and did.  I didn't have any water with me however so it was like having a blob of goo without anything to dilute it. 

I really felt like I struggled to get it home, yet overall I was going much quicker than I thought I was.  Yet another reason to just have the experience and not attach phrases to any of it. 

Finished up and it appear that I lost 4 kilos of water weight, that seemed a bit dangerous.  We'll see how the rest of my day goes.  But I've certainly drunk a lot of water so far.

Impermanence, each run and each breath is different in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment