If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Saturday, June 30, 2012

A wimpering end to vacation

It's Saturday.  I fly today.  I didn't run Sunday, we knew that, I proceeded to have four very good runs, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  All 15k, but they had a birthday party for me on Friday and I played golf in the morning, so I didn't run.  Then I didn't run today, so I could pack, etc.

Not the best finish to what was a pretty good month of training.  Two sets of intervals, a week of hill work, a road race and several 15ks in very hot weather.  Not bad.

Monday and Tuesday this week were tropical storm Debby days.  They were really fun runs actually.  Wet and wild.  Wednesday and Thursday were Africa hot.  Humid bt very quick and the pace was nice and strong and enjoyable.

In general I enjoyed my vacation and I really enjoyed the running.  I bought three pairs of Saucony shoes along with what I have, all with a low 4mm drop in them.  I got two more of these inserts that I am using, I also bought a Camelbak "bag" for the longer runs that should be helpful.

I was able, as you can see, to get a lot of equipment that should provide some "help" for the training for longer races. 

I consider these vacations to be the starts of new years as my contracts are 11 months long.  Starting Monday I will be doing teacher training in our Exam Center office in Obolon for 8 weeks.  But it is better hours actually and should make running nice and easy.

Still, it would have been nice to run more miles for the month but, I ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment