If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Monday, June 25, 2012

Tropical Storm Debby aka I'm pretty sure I'll run though

You can plan, but it doesn't mean it will work out.  Life is ever changing.

Drove home on Saturday from Toccoa, GA.  I long drive and I decided to forego the run that I had hoped I would do in the evening. As a result, I had a lackluster week of mileage but 4 really impressive hill workouts and of course that treadmill joy.

The plan was to get in the car and go to the beach house on St. George Island and do my Sunday run there.  Nice plan.  Didn't work out.  We are having Tropical Storm Debby, complete with 60 mph winds and driving rain.  We ended up getting to the beach house, having no power or phone and after I slept for about 6 hours they issued an island wide evacuation.  Drove back to Tallahassee, got in about 8 p.m., which meant I also missed the daily Olympic Trials on NBC and got in no run.

Two days, no running.  Not as bad as you might think.  More proof of the lack of control that one has over things.

Woke this morning to more driving rain.  I was out the door and running :)  15k and a moderate pace that felt fine.  I worked a lot of following my breath on this one just to practice.  My body worked well, there was strength and my right leg didn't arise today.  A much easier run that the runs last week. 

Right now I have not plan for running the rest of the week :)

I'm pretty sure I will run though.

No comments:

Post a Comment