If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Monday, June 11, 2012

SNAKE!!!!!!

Running the trails has such great advantages.  One, it is covered most of the time so the sun is not beating down on you.  Two, it is nice and soft and you don't beat your legs up as much.  Three, it is just plain nice.

The down sides for someone like me?  I fall some times.  I fell today, first fall since last Sunday when I had my first run in Tallahassee.  Really a sneaky little root.  I got up to find it and I must have been dragging my feet like Frankenstein to catch that root, it was practically buried underground.

I ran at about 4:30 this afternoon.  Though the blog is 6/11/12 at 1:30 a.m., it is still 6:30 p.m. on 6/10/12 in Tallahassee.  It was hot and humid.  Lost a lot of water weight today.  At about 31 minutes I stopped for water and GU because I really didn't feel good at all.  That was helpful.  I also stopped for water at 61 minutes.  I fell at 43 minutes.

The last few days have had nice nature looks with a little bit of fear with it.  Today was the freaky deeky dance.  Tooling along in a nice shaded patch, really soft ground, nice and then something wiggles in front of me.  SNAKE!!!!!  Not a serious snake, a black snake, harmless, about two feet long.  I danced all around it not to step on it or have it go nuts on me.  It wiggled away, I wiggled away.

I managed to stumble home for the day, very tired.  Probably tired also from 8 days in a row, this is the best training I've had in months.  No self, try to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment