If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Wednesday, June 13, 2012

No animals on the track I guess

After my stint with the animal kingdom I had some hopes that maybe I would see something cool doing intervals over at the Florida Statue University track.  Every Tuesday, for over 30 years, Gulf Winds Track Club has conducted Tuesday evening intervals.  I went last week, and I went this week.

Yesterday, Monday was a road run.  I went 12km, 6km and back on the roads.  Uneventful, other than to say that my right leg has some pains, but they aren't the usual.  The foot issue is resolving, the stone bruise is gone, it just feels like a tight ITB.  Good reason not to go nuts on the mileage and try to get in between 85 and 90 km each week for the vacation.

Today the workout was 4 x 400 and then 3 x 1200.  A strange workout.  I don't recall having ever run anything like it.  Suffice to say, I was stronger at the end of the workout than I was last time.  The speed was thus a bit quicker, the beginning was about the same.  The middle 1200 was very strong with negative splits through each 400. 

Intervals require that you understand there will be suffering, and that the suffering will end.  Buddhism in circles.  No animals out there though.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment