If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mountains? Maybe not, but big hills.

In Toccoa, GA it is the end of the Appalachian Trail and we are around the Lake Hartwell area right on the Georgia/South Carolina line.  I had hoped to get in about 15km today but that didn't work out.

Anyway, one day after the race I feel pretty good and there are no real pains or aches.  Same for the run as well.

Today's run was really, really slow.  This is a very hilly area and I really wanted to find a trail to run on.  I tried to divert off the road two or three times and find some small trails to run but they were just trails that led up to the back of houses and didn't last very long.

I also took some detours off main roads to find these trails and this added some time to the run in general.  My actual plan was to try and do a basic out and back from where we are and get in the time.  But when we drove in last night I figured that it was going to just be running, and probably some walking up and down these hills so I had to adjust and I guess I did.

I ended up running 12k with all the side trips.  I had to walk 1/2 of three hills.  It was a very slow run but I enjoyed it immensely.  The scenery is really beautiful and you can see some real nice views from different parts of the run.  Tomorrow I will take my camera when I run I think.

After the run I managed to map out a 12k run that is out and back and will have big hills but that is the way it is.  I hope that by the end of the week I can maybe work up each hill.  Not going to worry about time this week, just going to work hard on patience and taking what you get.

Being nobody, going nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment