If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Nice Sunday Run

Out for 15km this morning and all moved along nicely.  An interesting aspect is no self.  Whether a person believes in those things or not, it seems interesting at the moment to try to pursue this concept.

For example, while running if something hurts, it actually isn't me that is hurting because there is no me, it actually is the vessel that hurts and concentrating on the pain actually subsides, but a lapse of that concentration brings that pain back as me or mine. 

Another thing to play with is just running.  The vessel runs, I don't run, there is no me.  It takes a great deal of mental gymnastics at the moment to get to that.  If there is no me, how do 'I' believe there is no me?  Good questions.

All I know is I ran my quickest 15km training run today, just running, and no thinking, that I have done in almost a year and it was easy as pie, what foot pain?

A nice Sunday run.

No comments:

Post a Comment