If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mid Week Blast

It's Wednesday.  I am about three days from heading back to Florida for my yearly vacation.  After Sunday's run I felt compelled to keep looking into the no-self thing and working with impermanence, unsatisfactoriness and change.  Also trying to follow the breath. 

I did core on Sunday and Monday, I also did a very nice 12k that felt really just, just, just... easy.  I'm currently running easily a minute per mile faster than I have in over a year.  Knock on wood, I am also not seeing the same leg problems.  The other thing is, when I run at a real pace it must make my feet plant better because my feet have also stopped hurting.

I didn't run Tuesday, :(, work got in the way and I had an early one to one with a VIP so an early run was out as well.  But, going back to impermanence, etc.  so it goes.  I didn't run, its done, move on.  Stay in the current moment, not in the last moment.

I ran today and again really quite good stuff.  In some ways it feels aggressive, in other ways it feels like it is how it should be.  I'm not breathing hard, except when working hills, I'm not feeling like I have tired legs.  Today was 15k and it was faster than I have run 15k in training or in racing in almost 20 years.

I am not thinking much of the change in training and am really enjoying it at the moment.  Is it possible that this things happen just because they happen?

Today's run was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment