If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tallahassee, FL

It's Sunday and I just finished my first true trail run in a year.  Ran my 15k route through Forest Meadows, powerline road from the Trillium Ct. house my parents live at about 7:15 in the morning.  That's right, I am back in America for the first time since last July.

The weather was fantastic, though humid, but it was a gorgeous way to start this month of training and vacationing.  I of course managed my regular fall, this time a stone on the power line jumped up and grabbed me. Good BS to start, bad BS to finish.  Ate some walnuts and almonds with green tea afterward.

Pace speed were nice, impermanent, unsatisfactory and changing.  I'll buy some new inserts tomorrow, new shoes today.  Nice to be here in the land of the government preserved trail head :)

Some niggly stuff that I think is related to the worn out adidas'.  Got 602 KM on those shoes though.  Nice work.

Back in Tallahassee, more trails tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment