If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Monday, August 6, 2012

Oh the Impermanence of it All!

A nice 8km there and back to Start Stadium.  Dead legs, not too bad on the back.  A following the breath run until I turned it into loving kindness meditation over the last 2km. 

Although I have to say there wasn't much following of the breath between 2km and 6km, there was a lot of pondering the phenomena of impermanence.  Yesterday's run was merely a test whereas today I managed to let craving get in the way and hope that all would go well, when in fact I've gotten myself out of shape about 3 dozens times in my life, you would think I would remember that the 2nd run back after a long break like this (3 weeks) is going to be a struggle. 

However, I quickly got in to a two lap session on impermanence that swiftly moved on to craving for it to be better, which then moved on to trying to stay concentrate on right now and not planning the future, I found myself doing a silly 200 meters of thinking about how many km's I might run this week, and then snapped back to the breath.  in general a nice run out there.  Right now is the best teaching moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment