If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Sunday, July 29, 2012

TWO WEEKS!!! Tough on the patience

And we're back.  12km this morning.  It is quite hot in Kyiv.  We had a nice cool period, when I wasn't running of course, but it is back to blazing again.  For the last two weeks I have engaged in meditation, both insight and mindfulness, teaching CELTA, stretching and core, but no running.  Interestingly, three times I thought the next day would be the day, and it clearly wasn't.  Last night it seemed pretty good, so off I went today.

Not bad in general, my following of the breath was continually interrupted by monitoring my back, which of course required that I return to the breath about two million times.  The final two kilometers was probably the best breathing mindfulness I had.  It was not a quick run.  I never thought it would be.  I will be surprised if this isn't the fastest I run all week.

New shoes in play.  Recall I had 250 on the Kinvara's and the shoe people said that was about what I would get.  Well I bought a pair of Saucony Cortana from the same people in America and I put those on.  This is supposed to be their high end version of the Kinvara.  On the internet web chats I should get about 300 miles out of these shoes, that is around 550 kms so I can live with that, we'll see.  First day out was not particularly impressive, I ran without inserts, I think first things first, the inserts have to go in, then I can see what happens next.  The shoe itself wasn't that interesting, seemed like any other shoe, but only one run.  Given impermanence, tomorrows run in them will be different, it is after all a different shoe as I am a different person tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment