If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Watching, learning, reading, running

I ran 10k and 15k Monday and Tuesday.  Both runs were focused on easy and light.  Yesterday's weather was early morning crap and today was still a bit chilly.  +2 for both days.  Rain yesterday, wind today.  All in all, I really would like to get into some short sleeves and run a bit.  It will happen.  Patience.

The thing about easy, light, smooth, fast, is the light part.  Easy I can do, I, like just about everyone can be naturally relaxed under no pressure.  For me it is trying not to see past the next step.  Today and yesterday I got to points in the run where I began to think about how far I had to go.  This of course defeats the point of Light (run like you don't care how far it is or how high the hill is).

All in all, getting back at it is very enjoyable.  I'd like (grasping) to get in some nice 100km weeks or 100+ weeks over the next few weeks.  We will see how that goes.  I have a data set of four days and of course think it will last forever.  (all that arises ceases).

I read Anton Krupicka's blog today and his continuing struggles with his shin which I only know about from reading about it.  But he, like all of us I guess, has his own inner fight with not trying to over do it.  Even someone in that kind of fantastic shape has that problem, that was interesting to read about. 

I'm still pondering Conemarra on a regular basis.  I did my first set of core exercises yesterday in what seems like 9 or 10 months.  Trying to get back to that every other day if possible and eat right and stay hydrated. 

Watching, learning, reading, running.

No comments:

Post a Comment