If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Saturday, April 14, 2012

Nice Week, Nice Weather

Spring has finally sprung here in Kyiv.  Today it is +20 C, and was +12 C as early as 8 a.m.  When I ran it was +18 C, limited wind.

The trees are starting to get some leaves.  There is a very nice willow tree across the street from my flat that I look forward to watching progress through the year.  I like watching trees progress here.  Maybe because it is a city and a big one at that, so you don't get to see it unless you look.  Across the street is an elementary/primary school with some trees so pictures.  I like to take pictures of the trees outside my flats as they progress out of winter into fall.  It is a long process, but part of the fun of city living I guess.  Here is the opening shot as of 14.04.12.

Willow is in the foreground, I look forward to seeing what the ash on the right and the trees in the back ground are going to look like over time.  This willow just sprung to life only two days ago.

As to the run today, really enjoyable.  Good Blood Sugar and nice easy light approach.  Trying to focus on that.  The stone bruise is still there but I am really pleased with this last week.  I've run 8 days in a row and enjoyed every day of it.  That is so nice.

Nice week, nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment