If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Monday, March 19, 2012

The Prime Directive

Ran 10km this morning right at race time.  I had bad BS at 8:30 a.m., 304, took 4u, 92 at the end of the run.  This is telling for a couple of reasons, first if I take a 1/2 dose then I have about 10km before I need to dive in to some carbs of some sort during the race.  Based on yesterday and today, I can expect some sort of spike if I have good blood sugar to begin.  However, other data would indicate that if I begin well, I will need to take in carbs at least every 10km (see the 40k and 50k runs).

The run itself was uneventful:  BUT, my feet hurt on these crappy streets and I have nagging pain on my inner knee that is not a problem just there.  Also the right soleus continues to need the wrap.  I am this moment thinking it is because I bought shoes that were too big by a 1/2 size.  The last soleus problem Ihad was a result of that as well.  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I went to the Adidas store and got shoes that fit.  Adidas Clima Cook Ride.  It has a limited drop of about 7mm and is quite light weight but has a lot of front foot padding.  I will run in these the rest of the week and see what happens.

It is entirely possible I am violating the prime directive.  Don't change for the race.  But I think there is time to make sure this is a good decision.  If it isn't I will run in the Nike's that have about 600 km on them that are the right size.  But I won't wear the others at all (maybe on the plane)

No comments:

Post a Comment