If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch

Flew home from L'viv this evening and attempted to go out on a nice little run to get lose again.  I only intended to run for a bit, an hour maybe.

So, why not run down to the track and run in circles for a bit.  The rest of the city is pretty free of snow and ice and it was +4 and had been the whole time I was gone so I figured it would be fine. NOT.

Got there and the way to the track was covered in snow and ice, I picked my way through toward the usual entrance that I always use.  Well, it had a sheet of ice on it.  I scrambled down and step on the track and took one turn and face planted violently.  At first I was scared I was actually hurt.  After reflexively turning off the watch I conducted the usual post fall inventory of pain.

I got up looked around and couldn't see anything but black ice everywhere.  Just a miss and I was really annoyed.  I decided to walk a bit and then jog and then work my way home and just get in about 20 minutes of running.

The real issue right now is the right knee.  It seems pretty painful and it may need a bit of a rest.  I'll see again tomorrow.

Ouch that was painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment