If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back to work YOU!

After lazing around for two days and perseverating about my right knee until anyone would think I needed serious counseling I got back to work, oops, I mean running.

Good thing about today was it is +10 C.  I've been watching the weather in Connemara and of course have found something else to worry about, the difference in temperature between Kyiv and Connemara; so I was very glad to see it suddenly warm up to Ireland's level.

I put on a long sleeve shirt and a jacket, hat and gloves, at the end, it was all soaked through and through, good, heat acclimation I like to call it.

Uneventful run other than to say all felt very good, no knee pain, the current knee pain is merely light bruising from the fall on Wednesday.

Yet another thing to "worry" about is acclimation for the liver for the time of day of the run.  Now over the next two weeks my runs need to be in and around mid or early morning in order to make sure that my system is used to working at this high rate at that time.  In the past I've had the Sunday long run early in the day so that should be of some help.  For example, today, I was 192 to start, took 1 u of insulin about 1 hour before I ran and finished the run at 195.  This indicates that if I had not taken the unit my blood sugar would have been somewhat higher than i wanted going through 15k on race day.  Given that there will be three very, very light days 5k, 3k 1k before the three days before the race, it is important to track these levels and the time of the run.

Review of the week, which I initially feel was crappy, it turns out I went 25k at the pace I wanted with two major hills, I ran a major unknown hill for about 2km in the dark after the 25k and I got a nice smooth 15k in on Saturday.  Not as negative as I thought.

Let the taper begin and back to work YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment