If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Its both I think...

15km this a.m. before going in for a long day that finished at 10:00 p.m.  I really felt compelled to get out there and run regardless, again, I was hesitant and took a bit to get right.  Also a very weird blood sugar day for this run.

The run itself was uneventful except that we are back t running on snow pack and ice in a lot of places.  But, interestingly, this did not slow the time, which was exactly what it was last Sunday.  I am a great believer in breaking through plateaus and believe the 50k did just that in terms of the daily 15k.  Given that the weather was -6C for the run, and the ground conditions, I think there is some weight to that idea.  I am also sure I am not the first idea to say that.

Blood sugar was not good.  Woke at 7:00 a.m., BS was 115.  Woke at 8:30 and BS was 120.  I took no medicine and coffee with honey.  Finished the run and the machine wouldn't even register a number, it just say HI.  I've had this before and I was not surprised that it happened.  I get this about every 8-10 weeks where this is a one day occurrence with the liver, I think.  But it was definitely HI, I took 15 units, my ratio is usually 25 to 1 unit when coming down and 15 to 1 when carb counting.  That 15 units did not even feel like I needed to eat for 2 plus hours, that included a 2km walk to the office, plus a 1 km walk to the Apteka to buy test strips.  Anyway, the remainder of the day was uneventful with BS.

I got out, I got ride of the disappointment, and also listed to my body from yesterday, but my body fought back a bit with the diabetes.  It is always the winner.  So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment