If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Friday, February 24, 2012

Wet Socks and pondering diabetes.

15k about mid morning today.  Blood sugar 224 to start, 124 to finish.  Looks like this run just processed what was in my body.  At 6:30 a.m. I took 3 units of Humulog.  With that blood sugar reading before the run I didn't take anything before the run.  I would guess based on past experience that if I had gone 20k I would have been at a low blood sugar at the end of the run.  Something that always needs to be remembered.  Sometimes it feels like a non stop experiment but that may be part of the charm.  I guess I could sit around and do nothing and just slowly take enough insulin to kill a village every day.  Not interested.

Ran nice and easy today to see what nice and easy pace is like currently.  Good feedback on this.  Paths are even better today but still about a km was mushy yuk.  Wet socks, not good at 2C.  It turns in to par core out there jumping around puddles to avoid wet and then jumping from side to side to avoid walkers and moving around to avoid the left over ice.

I am monitoring a soleus muscle issue.  I didn't wear the brace today and it hurts a little more tonight.  I will need to wear it every run now until it goes away.

Wet socks and more statistics to analyze, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment