If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cold, Cold, Cold

-19 C!  At the time of the run it had actually warmed up.  I ran at about 2:15 in the afternoon.  I feel good.  I was not tight, maybe two days off helped.  I ended up taking yesterday off also as I had to cover for another teacher who was sick during the time I would normally run and then decided not to chance it at 9:30 at night.

Went 15k today.  Again, the streets are in good shape but the sidewalks are hit and miss.  A lot of ice at this point.  It being so cold there isn't even the kick up of ice chips.  It is just really really cold.  I wore the same gear as the last three runs.  The ski mask was covered in ice and ice down the front as well as ice within the top jacket.  Still, the gear is working fine for this weather.  It looks like it will warm up over the weekend so it will be -10 or so.  A heat wave.

I am pleased with the turn around and am thinking about my past marathon experiences and long runs and the kind of pain associated with them after the run.  If I remember correctly the real pain is after the actual race now the training runs.  Still, with 40k, no pain is a good sign.

A few more days of this weather, just need to battle through and put in the miles.  Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment