If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ah, warmth

-7C at the start of this run.  Really makes a difference the warmer it is.  Very pleasant smooth piece of work.  I felt very comfortable today.  Thinking about it, maybe it was the weekend, maybe it was the fact that it is warmer.  Blood sugar was 175 to start, 143 at the finish over 15k.  The time was the quickest I've run since December. 

On a down side I did not go 25k as I intended.  Its done so get over it. 

Hill work wasn't the best it could have been, but it I got up the big one and moved along afterward.  I believe I might be getting in to pretty good shape and that feels pretty good, especially when there are no real things to deal with.  I loosened up my shoes today and the feet felt better also.  I read a blog once a long time ago where the guy barely tied his shoes and waited for his feet to expand during the run.  Basically I'm not tying them tight and letting my feet expand in to the shoe.  It worked today, it may not tomorrow.

I need to relax in to this experience and not get to up or down about whether the next one is not very good.

Supposd to be -6 or -5 C tomorrow.  Ah warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment