If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Monday, January 9, 2012

Long Run Monday

It's Monday, flew back from London yesterday.  Did not get a run in yesterday, probably for the best, it may be that my legs needed a rest for a bit.  Though they did not get much help standing in line at Gatwick Airport.  For some reason Ukrainian International Airlines did not have a good week with my flights as regards ground service.  Both in Kyiv and in Gatwick the lines for check in were extremely long and extremely slow and as a result both flights left very late.  At least I got a break coming back in to Kyiv in the passport control.  I was third in line and he only asked in that unique way that Ukrainian passport control as "Why are you here."  I felt like saying for the great customer service, but I went for the truth (director of studies of language school)which really should have mean that they check my passport for VISAs stamps, etc.  Instead, he did nothing, he stamped it, didn't even ask me where I was staying.  I have never had any consistent set of questions (like the typical questions you receive going in and out of the EU) asked of me by Ukrainian passport control going in or out so don't think they you can guess what they are going to ask you when you come in, just answer the questions.  Don't think they are going to smile or be friendly or anything, unfortunately, passport control is not the best representative of Ukraine and of course, it is the first experience you have with the country if your are flying in.  Its too bad really.

We are off today, Monday, so I got the long run in today.  Two loops of the 15km course.  A good time as well.  Clearly the hill work I did in London was useful as this loop has two significant hills, though much longer than in London, but they were not particularly tough having worked hard on how the form should be and I think I am making real progress with the smaller steps and posture.

Not too many dogs today.  The weather was 0 C. It was supposed to snow, but it never did.  BS was 223, I took 1 unit before I left, I took water and GU at 15km and at the end of the run the BS was 210.  I did sense some right leg tightness toward the end.  I also put the orthotics in today to replace the form fitting product that Nike provides in the Lunarglide 3+ product.  Useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment