If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Saturday, August 11, 2012

6 out 7

I have to say that I am pleasantly satisfied with this week.  After three very frustrating weeks of waiting for the back to come around, being scared to run even though thinking I might could, trying three step jogs around the office, ran 6 out of 7 days this week.

Of course I must take it easy, very easy in fact.  7.3km, 8, 8.5, rest, 10, 10, 10 for the week.  Not much of a mileage but certainly a good start back.  Nice and easy.

Of course something always comes up and today was no exception, after having what can only be described as two days of monkey mind about 3km from the finish today I snapped out of monkey mind to discover that I was really tired.  almost instantly mindfulness informed me that jumping around with all these negative thoughts while running basically made me tired, making me tired makes me think that the next run will be the same, thinking the next run will be same makes me have to work hard to get out the door the next time (my own version of dependent arising).

The thing is it was almost instant, from 'I'm tired' to an instant recognition of why?  Mindfulness, interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment