If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Thursday, May 17, 2012

We're Done Here

I'm leaving this evening for a miserable return to Kyiv.  Flight plans are 11:35 departure from Muscat, Oman to Doha, Qatar.  2:30 a.m. departure from Doha to Vienna, Austria for  a 7:30 arrival and a 9:40 departure from Vienna to Kyiv for 12:40 p.m. arrival.  Going to be long and tough.

The positives exercise wise have been that I have done a version of core every day of this trip.  The negatives are that I didn't run on Wednesday or Thursday.  Wednesday was the final day of this inspection and I had a dinner with all high end stakeholders (I hate that word, really, yet I continue to use it) and didn't get home unitl 11:00.  Today I slept in after meeting 114 people over 4 days plus 4 90 minutes on Wednesday and a 3 hour dinner meeting.  I then went shopping for gifts and did some actual sightseeing.  It was actually well worth it and I am really glad I did it.  I took about 140 pictures.  I never really get to sightsee on these inspections so it was nice to do so.  The downside is I didn't run those two days.

I did run Monday and Tuesday and both those runs were fantastic.  They were watch runs.  I turned it on and worked my way around various areas of the city until I knew I'd run at least 12k both days.  The Monday run was the opposite direction of the Sunday run so that was great.  Nice terrain, no real hills to speak of and of course around 100 F, still a very smooth run, but of course my feet still hurt and that nagging thing on the right knee (behind it) was there.

On Tuesday I ran east toward Iran :)  I ran through the diplomatic quarter, the government building section and the opera house and palace area.  It was a beautiful run, even in the dark and great to keep my head up and just look at all the architecture surrounding me.  A smooth piece of work that I enjoyed.

I'm done here, posting late, getting on a plane.  Back to Kyiv.

No comments:

Post a Comment