If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Sunday, April 29, 2012

A tour of the battlefield

Ran 21km today.  Started about 9 a.m.  Getting hot here, that is for sure, managed to get some water and GU while running.  No watch still.  Just running.

The goal today was to take a tour of the Kyiv Marathon course.  I did this two weeks ago also. This time I ran the entire thing correctly however.  Spent a lot of time on Kyiv pedestrian walks, that is to say concrete and bricks; but not the cobblestones.

We do this loop three times.  As i see it there are two significant lengthy hills.  I still think I want to run it hard but not real hard.  I went 3:48 at Conemmara as I began to fall apart.  I really think a smart hard run should come in about 3:35 or 3:40 which would be fine. 

However, I've developed this crazy tightness behind my knee.  Stretching and trying to self diagnose as I am often want to do.  Probably ITB "stretching" is needed and plantaris, which also requires stretching so, that means stretching. 

In general, while running it loosens it up so I just don't know.  Today's run was nice, hot but nice, no watch, just running.  All that arises ceases though, remember.

Should be an interesting run on the 6th.

Not as tough a battlefield as Conemmara.

No comments:

Post a Comment