If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Sunday, March 11, 2012

Oh my!?

25k early in the morning and I'm flying to L'viv Ukraine this evening to do an inspection of a school there.  The goal was to go at race pace or something close to it and see what happens after three 15kms in a row.

A very interesting run.  Blood sugar again not great in a.m. 281, 3u, 98 at the finish.  I stopped at the halfway point for 500ml of water and a small Snickers bar. 

First things first, for some reason, probably because the plan was to go after it, I was very tight for the first two miles.  I did eventually relax, but more on that later.  Secondly, the weather was miserable, 25-30 km winds with rain/snow coming down constantly.  Sometimes wind at my back, sometimes from the side, sometimes in the front, I guess it all evens out in the end?

The final tally was 8:29 per mile.  The first 1/2 was quicker because the wind was at my back.  Also, the final 5k included two extremely difficult hills that I thought were going to stop me dead in my tracks.  By about mile 11 I would say it was taking a lot of work to stay in it and I had the mantra "give it a little more" going for the final 4.5 miles.  The first big hill was vicious and I thought I was losing time badly, I then thought about the fact this isn't the race, this is race knowledge we are working on.  Same for the second.

Race knowledge?  I believe that 8:30 is achievable, still don't know about 8's.  I also got a good feeling today for what tired legs feel like and areas that may suffer from the hills and how that pain will come up.  I also got some interesting knowledge about relaxing.  Oh my!  I was tight to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment