If we really want to get rid of suffering, completely and totally, then clinging has to go. The spiritual path is never one of achievement; it is always one of letting go. The more we let go, the more there is empty and open space for us to see reality. Because what we let go of is no longer there, there is the possibility of just moving without clinging to the results of the movement. As long as we cling to the results of what we do, as long as we cling to the results of what we think, we are bound, we are hemmed in. Meditating on No-Self: A Dhamma Talk (Edited for Bodhi Leaves), by Sister Khema(1994)








Saturday, February 11, 2012

One of those days...

Haven't run in two days.  The weather is just tough on me mentally.  With the move and trying to figure how to get from point A to point B and fit runs in and with new projects at work, all at the same time... by today I had one 25k, and two 15km's back to back and nothing else.  I am beginning to get a bit worried about preparation.  It is now 49 days to connemara.  I made some adjustments to this weekends plan and went for 20k today and will see if I can get 41k tomorrow.

When I woke today the weather was -18C, that is 0 F.  However, it was beautiful outside, really very sunny and bright and it just looked like there was potential out there.  I am assuming that tomorrows run will require that know what it feels like to already be deep in the tank, I'm still planning for the race of course and I do need to know what some things feel like.  I still only wanted to go out there and run a nice relaxing job today, running on streets as much as possible.

Accomplished!  That 20km was one of the nicest runs I have had in a long while.  It was just wonderful!  There were times where the sun was so great that you felt it was spring.  There was never any hard work, just running nice and smoothly, staying on streets, not too bothered by traffic.  Just an amazing experience.  There were several different hills to work on and each was achieved, still thinking about that final hill in Ireland.

Post run, ice coming out of my hat.  -18C = 0 F it was really strange how that occurred.
Blood sugar was high in the evening, but that was from the carbs I loaded for tomorrow.  I took a quick 6 units at about 6:30 this morning and I was a nice 175 before the run, I had two spoons of honey and out the door.  This run there were no stops, no water stops, just the run.  At the end, the temp was about -15C and my sugar was 215.  Took 4 units, ate nuts, berries, apples, and water within 30 minutes.  Will take water the rest of the day.

The thing to remember is that all that arises ceases.  But today, was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment